Email Fraud or Email Scam is to trick people for either personal gain or to damage them by means of email. Having an Email Account is so popular in today’s era that there is literally no professional individual not having an Email Account. But having an account also comes with tonnes of responsibilities of safely handling it. The idea of a bargain or something for nothing can appeal to you very much. Email fraudsters usually target naive individuals who put their confidence in getting rich quickly, kinds of schemes, or too good to be true investments or offers to sell popular items at very low prices. Many people have lost their life savings due to this kind of treachery. Don’t worry, we are here to make you aware of these frauds and to tell you what to do when you get trapped in these kinds of scams Gmx.at login.
How to see if your Email Account has been hacked
Following are the signs that show that your email account has been hacked:
- Some of your contacts complained about receiving spam and your sent folder night contains emails that you don’t recall writing.
- You might receive a password change confirmation you didn’t ask for.
- Mostly all email services let you see the IP addresses that your account was accessed from. If you find that someone logged in from an IP halfway across the globe, it might be a sign that you’ve been hacked.
How to Protect your Email Account from Online Frauds
Follow some of these guidelines to protect your account from Email Frauds:
- Always use a password manager and two-factor authentication.
- If you are signing up for a new email service, check for 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) support.
- Never click on suspicious links in your emails or texts.
- Always use a VPN on your computer and your phone to encrypt your internet connections.
- Try not to use public Wi-Fi or public computers.
- Get strong antivirus services.
- Secure your router and Wi-Fi for extra security.
- Keep your computer and smartphone OS up-to-date.
- Always put a credit freeze on your account so that you have control over who can access your accounts.
- Only download content that you have read good reviews about from sites you can trust.
What to do if your Email Account gets hacked
The following are the measure you should take when your Email Account gets hacked:
- Immediately change your password and make it stronger. To change your password, use the “Forgot Password” link at your login page. Also, change your security question.
- Check and Update your computer’s security and make sure that your anti-virus and anti-malware softwares are up to date.
- Send an alert message to your contacts informing them that your email account has been hacked and to ignore any dubious message or post coming from you, or bearing your name. Also, warn them to not click on the suspicious links sent through your account.
- Make sure to scan your computer and other devices for malware.
Now, don’t get more terrified by all this. Be safe and follow all of the above measures regularly. Have a happy and safe emailing.